Ultra Low Retention Tips, often used in laboratories for pipetting applications, are designed to minimize sample retention and ensure accurate and precise liquid transfers. These tips are particularly beneficial when working with low-volume samples or sensitive assays where retaining even a small amount of liquid could impact results. Here are some key features and considerations associated with Ultra Low Retention Tips:
Ultra Low Retention Tip
- Material Composition:
- Hydrophobic Material: Ultra Low Retention Tips are typically made from hydrophobic materials that resist liquid adherence, reducing the chances of sample retention.
- Surface Treatment:
- Special Coating: Some tips may have a special coating on the inner surface to further enhance the hydrophobic properties, ensuring minimal interaction with liquid samples.
- Reduced Sample Loss:
- Minimized Retention: The design of these tips aims to minimize sample retention, reducing the risk of losing precious or low-volume samples during pipetting.
- Ideal for Viscous Liquids:
- Viscosity Compatibility: Ultra Low Retention Tips are suitable for pipetting viscous liquids where sample adherence to the pipette tip is a common concern.
- Precision Pipetting:
- Accurate Volume Transfer: These tips facilitate precise and accurate volume transfers, crucial in applications such as PCR, qPCR, and other molecular biology techniques.
- Universal Fit: Ultra Low Retention Tips are often designed to be compatible with a range of pipettes from various manufacturers, providing flexibility for users.
- Wide Range of Volumes:
- Volume Options: Available in a variety of volume options to meet the needs of different laboratory applications, including microliter and sub-microliter volumes.
- PCR Applications:
- PCR Certified: Some Ultra Low Retention Tips are certified for PCR applications, where sample purity and precision are paramount.
- Sterile Options:
- Sterile Packaging: Sterile versions of these tips are often available, suitable for applications requiring aseptic conditions.
- Stackable Racks:
- Convenient Storage: Tips may be supplied in racks that are stackable, allowing for efficient storage and easy access in the laboratory.
- Color-Coded Options:
- Color Identification: Some tips come in color-coded options, facilitating quick and easy identification of different volume ranges.
- Quality Assurance:
- Quality Standards: Ultra Low Retention Tips are typically manufactured to meet high-quality standards, ensuring consistency and reliability in pipetting applications.